Friday, October 2, 2009

KILLED OR BE KILLED I AM WOUNDED

Well I know this is late but HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

At 10:39 AM Pacific time I received the call I knew was coming but did not expect today. I was told today that my services on the project will no longer be needed as of November 6. We call this “spending more time with our families.” I know that the motivation I need deals with has two parts. The first part obviously is to find a job (duh). The second part is a job where I am home to yes spend time with my family of my son. I know that as long as I stay focused that this bump in the road will pass. There is a month to accomplish this goal and one goal that is going to need some luck along with the hard work.

My mantra of late for me knowing that cuts were happening was “Killed or Be Killed” and today I felt I was just wounded but not down for the count. This is a set back and getting angry is not going to help out the situation. We all have different ways to handle stress when it comes to job loss. Mine is to stay motivated and positive through this process and that is what I recommend to my friends who are in the same situation. Like I said this announcement was coming and my goal now is to rise up from the ground, dust myself off and when November 9th comes along I will be at my new job.

Shout out to my very good friend Patti. Please send happy thoughts her way because she got her notice today and had a rough week. If you see her please give her a hug.

Shout out to Jeff P and his wisdom these past 11 months and teaching me how to use chop sticks.

Shout out to Chris K and getting his new house. Very happy for you and the boys.

Have a weekend everybody. No survey but next week the beginning of rising from the ashes.

1 comment: