Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I Missed You

Can not sleep tonight due to a great call I received today before leaving the “branch” to head back to the hotel. Ok so I used Resume Rabbit and it is working I would say pretty well so far with the calls I am getting. Today a recruiter read my resume from Dice.com and explained the job position his client has for a trainer/instructor. There are a lot of new responsibilities with this position that I started to think if this is even the right job for me, I mean come on I am a simple trainer who likes to educate and have fun in front of an audience. What is scaring me is the fact that I would need to lead people, now sure as a trainer it is my job to lead people for a training class and teach the class about software and concepts. So as I am trying to sleep and NOT think about can I do this job and be successful my mind starts to think about: (are you sitting down for this and is there a psychiatrist in the house?) “Cloudy with a Chance of Meatball” the new movie that I saw this past weekend. Basically the movie is about an inventor whose inventions well are not really well good. The Cliff Note version of the movie is that he does fail, and fail but he keeps coming back to try something new. So in my head I started to have doubts about my talents but recently those thoughts have been receiving evection notices with our good friend Jonathan. He was trying and I mean trying to help me get through my interview jitteriness with doing mock interviews with me while driving from place to place last week. Tonight self doubt was kicked in the rear end because guess what? I would rather take a risk then play it safe. Maybe it is time for all of us to stop playing it safe and do what we are meant to do then just skating by and hoping our lives will be fine staying in the far left lane. WOW can I come up with more crappy metaphors? Yes, yes I can by saying it is time to put on your (me too) big boy pants to get out there and do what you are meant to do. With that said I now want this job and prove to myself this could be a great fit after all.

I was watching a special tonight on CNBC talking about Walmart (still not a fan of the company just to let you know). The current CEO of the company was making this speech in front of 4,000 people and it gave me goose bumps. Why?? I have always wanted to stand in front of a group like that and bring a motivating message to the masses and I pictured myself doing that tonight. I remember encouraging my son when he was first learning to walk as a baby and seeing the joy on his face achieving
that. We need that moment of getting up and taking those so called baby steps in order for us to achieve the goals we have set on paper. I want all of you today at this moment, along with me to put our lives back on track and take chances so we can obtain the goals you want out of life. Hey I did not make the goal weight I wanted by this week does that mean I failed? No because it means that I need to work that much harder to get to the place I want to be. I would have failed if I did not put the effort into the weight loss. Right now I am picturing in my mind the next job interview and doing such a fantastic job that when it is my turn to ask a question I will only have one. The one question is simply “Can I start in two weeks?” That way I can have a little vacation before starting the new job, in my mind and yours we know what the answer is.

Shout out to Roger A stay in touch.

Shout out to Mark I.

Shout out to you the fan.

1 comment:

  1. Hey - stop doubting yourself! You can definitely lead people!!! Don't be afraid and just go for it!

    Say hi to Mark for me! I miss you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete