Tuesday, October 6, 2009

IT JUST IS

I am not dying of a disease, I do not have the H1N1 flu, and I am not in a war. The point is ever since I was told that my services were no longer need my co-workers are the ones who need motivation. What I mean is that to me when we the team is together the elephant in the room is called unemployment. I call it opportunity. The victims are my friends who I work with daily because they are hurting; they are feeling a loss of a team member. I truly mean this and that is the fact on November 9th, my last day on the project I am going to feel a sense of relief. I have to think that there is another opportunity A.K.A a job on the horizon because if I don’t then honestly my mind will wander to places I promised myself I will NEVER go again.

You can not control who gets your resume because most of today’s companies use software to pick out key words or phrases. Who knows if the person who wrote the software was having a bad day and set the key words to gibberish? I can only control what is in my powers and that my friend is motivation, the power of controlling your own destiny. I told you last Friday that I was wounded or to put in boxing terms I was down but not down for the count. I am more determined then ever to put the past in the past and move on and as my good friend and a great mentor these past 11 months “Coach” would say I am writing a new chapter in my life or something to that effect. My friends here in Sacramento that I have been working with since the end of August are such a great group that again I need to keep comforting them and to say I will be fine and I will be. There is that saying of “There is somebody who is worse off then you” and guess what? It is true. There is so much destruction on this planet right now that at least I have the small things in life to be happy about. I have a great son who still loves me even though for over a year and a half I have been on the road. I promised Jonathan another great mentor of mine that I will find a job with no travel back in Denver to spend more time with my son. I was only wounded.

This is only a mild set back that can be and will be put back on track. I can choose to pout and have a pity party for soon being out of work. Or I can embrace these opportunities: I will have the opportunity to spend more time with my son at his school because I will be able to volunteer there. I will have the opportunity to do PX90 at my local recreation center. If you are not familiar with PX90 either look it up on the web or watch Sunday morning infomercials about it. I will have the opportunity to finally spend time in my new place and cook in it. Again I can not be angry of the situation since I have no control over. I am going to think and be positive for this chance to see what is next in my chapter of the book of my life. Remember I was shot and they tried to take me down but their ammunition was more of a BB then a rocket launcher. For my friends who also received their notice last week, we will get through this and we will dust our selves off and smile into adversity because THEY ONLY WOUNDED US THEY DID NOT KILL US!

2 comments:

  1. Well said T. And, so right. Unfortunately, I too think it's more difficult for those who care about us that it is for us. We'll do what we need to do, and we know that. They know too. Doesn't mean this is easy or fun, but those who genuinely care want to shield, help, protect, encourage, patch the wound. I love your attitude, seeking the positive and there are positives for all of us, even though they may not be glaring. Again, well said. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts...how you are experiencing this. Particularly since I am on the same page, you're speaking to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great attitude Tommy! If you believe the philosophy "this or something better" you are definitely on your way to BETTER!

    ReplyDelete