Thursday, October 8, 2009

Elvis Has Left The Building

I am saying good bye to Sacramento and off to my next adventure. It has been one of the best experiences I have ever had working with the guys as well as the people at the stations. Plus I really need to send two major shout outs to Jason, Diego and Eddy at Gold’s gym. What a great place to workout and Eddy as a Personal Trainer was very motivating to me. I promised Jason that I will send him pictures every two weeks to check on progress so there is some serious motivating.

Yesterday for what ever reason did not start off as a good day because the reality was starting to set in of being out of work in less then a month. However after my workout with Eddy I felt great, well up to the part where my dinner did come back up. I pushed myself pretty hard in the gym and to me that was vital. I knew that last night was going to be the last session with Eddy and Thursday night would be most likely the last time I would get to see the guys from the project since Friday we all were leaving. I needed the gym, I needed to get myself out of a funk and lift weights and guess what? It helped. The endorphins kicked in and I knew that after I left the gym that I gave 100% to myself.

Today was a very good day. I signed up with Resume Rabbit. What the product does for you is to send off your resume to about 88 job sites for you. Every time you see a posting for a job, don’t you just hate needing to fill out the information? Well Resume Rabbit does all the work for you including: Monster and Dice. I have already received a couple of responses back about my resume and moving forward to get phone interviews. Yes there is a cost for the service and it is around $60.00. I will let you know if any more jobs come out of this and what job boards as well. Plus was it really worth it.

There was an article on MSN.com on Wednesday called “From Fired…to Fired Up” by Jon Gordon. I went to his website to get more information about him. He is doing what I want to be doing and that is going around the world and motivating people and writing about how to get people motivated. I thought I would take a shot and write to him to say I felt his article was great. He actually wrote me back, not sure if it was really him or not could it of been an assistant. Sure since it was not a form email back but I will give him the benefit of the doubt. I am including a great story that Jon wrote if you need to motivate yourself when you just feel like giving up. Please also go to MSN.com to get the other article. Here is the link to the story and please let me know what you think:
http://www.jongordon.com/newsletter-092809-greaterpurpose.html

Well that is a wrap from SUNNY (I heard it was snowing back home in Denver today) Sacramento California. My next entrée will be form not so Sunny Detroit. Once there the count down will begin to my next career adventure meaning will my goal of starting a new job on November 9th be a possibility? With a lot of help and some yelling between great friends Jonathan has been working with me on my interview skills. I will keep you posted.

Shout out to Leslee “B” for all of her help during the software conversion.

Shout out to Jonathan for trying to make me a better person every single day.

Shout out to my parents for well raising me right and all of their support through all of the years.

Shout out to my son for being just a great kid and understanding. You make me proud everyday of your life. Daddy will be home so we can party like rock stars. Love you Con Man.

PEACE OUT

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out Tommy! I am so glad you were one of the trainers here in Sac-Town! You have such a great spirit that I just couldn't help but have a smile on my face when I saw you. I hope Detroit goes as well as Sacramento. I'm sure the people won't be near as nice as all of us! lol

    Take care and remember....Don't poke the bear!

    Go Hawks!! Thanks again for the puck!

    ReplyDelete