Friday, February 5, 2010

Yes Man Yes Man Yes Man….

Yes Man Yes Man Yes Man….

Getting back to the hotel I started to channel surf (don’t worry my school work was done) and came across a movie. I do like Jim Carey movies but for some reason “Yes Man” is one of his favorites because he actually plays a smart guy with not a lot of his normal “goofy” behavior. Carey plays a guy who is just living day by day, no risks and is not a go getter. He likes to be at home watching TV. Nothing really wrong with this life style.

Carey gets talked into going to see of all people a motivational speaker named Terrence. The message that Terrence relays to Carey is to stop saying no to life and start saying yes. Well Carey takes it to the extreme and says yes to everything but this why I like this movie. He says yes to things so he can better himself; guitar lessons, learns to fly and even takes a crack to learn Korean. I want to be like him, we all should say yes to better ourselves and stop saying no to life.

My “Yes Man” current moment is being back in the virtual world of on-line schooling but I need to do better. What have you been saying no to in your life? What steps can you do to make yourself a “Yes Person?” When you go to job interviews and sometimes you get the question of “where do you see yourself in five years” well ask yourself maybe not necessary in five years but how about tomorrow? Is there an idea that you have wanted to do or try something new? What are you waiting for? Why are you still saying no to life let alone YOUR life?

I want you and I to create a covenant that we promise to help each other become “Yes People” and stop saying no to life just because that is the easy way out. We just need to sometimes take a risk or make a decision even if it turns out to be the wrong decision it was still a step forward. I promise to you that if you need a boost or kick in the pants I am here for you.

I can’t wait for the next movie to come across but don’t worry you won’t see me make a motivational blog about “Saw.”

Failure is not an option.

No comments:

Post a Comment