Saturday, February 20, 2010

Listen to your PASSION

I am writing this as I listen to some of my favorite musicians and in the past I have talked to you about how music has influenced me in my life. On my IPOD one play list I created is called “workout” and these are simply songs I listen to as I workout. One of them is a song called ‘Lose Yourself” by Eminem. I can hear some of you know rolling your eyes but I am not going to have a battle of music right now I save those debates with Clay “M”. I want to talk about passion and not only what is your passion but what to do with it.

As I listen to “Lose Yourself” I can not help but think of the words. The first line “Look if you had one shot one opportunity to seize everything you ever wanted one moment would you capture or would you let it slip” are very powerful words. The rest of the song talks about how he was in a rap contest and basically he bombed. He did not give up his dream though to be the best. Another artist I listen to is Kid Rock (stop rolling your eyes) and his song “Cocky” I love his message in the song it just says “I’m cocky but it is not bragging if you can back it up.” To me both of these songs represent the inner drive that the artists have all created though their passion of knowing what they want out of life. Love or hate Eminem and Kid Rock they are doing what they want to do because they have a drive.

My passion of wanting to be a professional speaker is where my drive is currently focused on. I understand that it will take time, dedication and hard work but that is how it should be correct? When you have your “AH HA” moment of knowing what you truly want to do in life that stirs the fire in your belly. You feel that momentum no matter what time of day it is and the next thing you are on your computer researching the HOW you can make that AH HA a reality?

I told you that one of my play lists is a “Workout” but before I left home to come back to the West coast I down loaded a audio book. I did a lot of research on this author and looked at the reviews before I paid for this book and I am very happy I did. The book is called “Crush It” by Gary Vaynerchuk is worth every penny spent. First off Gary is a NY guy and wants to someday own his favorite football team the NY Jets. He is very high energy and when you are working out and listening to a book it is just like listing to high energy music so very motivating. “Crush It” will help you if you want to start your own business or take an idea and expanded it to a bigger audience. I have joined Twitter because I want to take my blog to the masses. I am next going to (in a short time) start doing a video blog. Why you ask? This is to get my business, my name out there. Gary gives you several platforms for you to get your message out on several different “Social Networking Sites” other then the most popular ones. Still not sure if I am ready for Face Book yet.

I know you will be rolling your eyes soon but I just want to end by saying follow your passion find what drives you. We all have worked for that company where you wanted to quit to start a business and work for yourself. Just remember you might end up working more hours but the flip side is that this is YOUR business and you could always fire yourself. On that note I want to leave you a song title (get ready for the eyes to roll) by Depeche Mode and that is “Nothing’s Impossible.”

No comments:

Post a Comment