Thursday, February 11, 2010

Go to your happy place, no really.

My thoughts are to blame for missing my flight and the sad truth is I knew something was going to occur. For many years my thoughts were of if I have a great weekend then the rest of the week will be dreadful and it would be. In the past my thoughts would take control of even how terrible I would even play hockey. Why would my thoughts do this to me or how would my thoughts control my so called “bad luck?” Very simply my thoughts sent out the message to the universe and the universe responded back. I am sure your thoughts are saying HUH?

Over the weekend I watched the DVD of “The Secret” it might be making sense if you have read the book but I will explain. What the book/DVD says in the plain truth that it details what is called “The Law of Attraction” and that is fancy talk for; what you put out you will receive back. Ok here is the example. I had an appointment the other morning and had to time the drive back home to have a cab ready for the trip to the airport. My thought was that there was no way I was going to make it to the airport on time so by putting that message into my head and repeating it the energy was sent out. It was sent out to the universe stating that I already knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was not going to be on that flight (and in FIRST CLASS). Every time I was preparing for this meeting I would have that recurring thought of “not going to make the flight.”

The day started off as the alarm going off and hearing on the radio that we were expecting 3-6 inches of snow in our area and of course the one thought tiptoed into my head and what was that thought? YES!! I was not going to make my flight and no matter what I said to myself it was already out in the universe. The message was sent out there and it was not coming back like a boomerang, to late and to bad.

The drive was good and my thoughts were focused on the meeting with positive thoughts in my head. I needed this to go well for a possible future endeavourer. Alright it was time to head back home and the message in my head was still not going to make the flight even though I should of really not cared, there are other flights. I was on the highway and since it was still snowing I ended up spinning out of control and hitting another vehicle. Nobody was hurt so I was very grateful about that. Oh and yes I missed the flight.

I really do believe if my thoughts were put in more of a positive state VS a negative one then we would not be having this conversation at all. The point of the “Law of Attraction” is to say to ones self “I am going to get an A on the test.” Instead of thinking you will be getting more bills think of the opposite and tell yourself that you will be receiving a check. Yes it does take a lot of focusing on your part however this will create positive energy within your mind and body.

Another great example of the “Law of Attraction” is to sit in your house and imagine the new car you just drove off the lot. Literally sit in a chair and close your eyes and make all of the body motions of driving a car. This mental visualizing is what athletes of all sports use. The golfer before making the three foot putt or the baseball player before they step into the batters box seeing in their mind the rotation of the laces on the baseball. Just sending so called happy thoughts is not going to just do it; you need to actually see it in your mind as well. Example I have is last night when I was leaving the office and speaking to the security guard about how he IS going to win the lottery (he does play). He told me he does use positive thinking and that is when I told him that he needs to see it in his mind and more importantly act as if he HAS won. He became so excited about this information and knowledge that I have no doubt in my mind he will win a lottery and soon.

Today my energy is sending thoughts to the universe of being in my new office and preparing to write and teach training classes that I have created. The office is in a town in Colorado and able to drive home every night. Plus I am thinking how wonderful it is to have an office oh and YES it will happen. Stay positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment