Sunday, February 14, 2010

See me feel me hear me

I have talked about this before but when someone recognizes it in you and sees a different you then it can be very powerful. When a positive change has inflicted into you and you know it but when others around you take notice it is a WOW moment. I have talked about what a difference a year has made in my life; new house, love life, new friend are just some examples. Friday I was told by one of the clients at the office to my face that I seem to be the “fun” person of the group. I guess as a trainer yes I do enjoy having fun. This person meant like more of the party animal type but then someone who I have the highest respect for said something that blew me away. Dorothy has been a co-worker of mine for over a year, she is a “Subject Matter Expert” or SME on the current project. She has a great giggle for her life and is so full of life. She turned to me after the “fun” comment was made and said to me “what a difference a year makes” and I was not sure at first what she meant. I was just thinking project wise but she meant me. She might have known the life struggles I went through last year and more of questioning of life when my very good friend “Mac” passed away. I had know idea that my attitude or should I say my lost existence was that obvious and it was.

Today is Valentines Day and I got to spend it with someone who I do love and that person is Connor my son (for those reading this for the first time). Where do bachelors go and have a good time, you know guy bonding time. I can think of only one other place but he is WAY to young so the second choice is ‘Monster Jam.” If you are not familiar with Monster Jam it is not a rock concert but it is an event. This is monster truck time that comes to Denver once a year. We did not go last year and the redneck in me missed it. I missed it more because this is a father son event. I caught myself at time today getting emotional because this is a special event for him and me. These special moments might not be logged into his memory bank years down the road but these are moments that he and I will share. Someone told me once that pictures are for people who can not remember; well I have many pictures today in my head that can never be downloaded onto a computer and that is ok by me.

Yes what a difference a year makes and truly and honestly would my journey be on this path that I have taken? Most likely not. For example after completing my first class I had a final grade of an “A” and that is a good start. Would I have followed a passion of writing a blog? Again most likely not. I have several goals that need to be achieved and what will I accomplish in a years time who knows but the one thing I do know. I want to keep getting up every day to see what I will be successful at. Let’s hit the path and continue on our journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment