Thursday, January 7, 2010

Gotta Want It..

SO I have to first say it is great to be back at Planet Fitness the gym here in Shelton Connecticut that I go to when back in town. Normally I work out in the hotel gyms and there is just something missing that you can not get in the hotel gym. It is strange but there is a great motivation and just the energy with a group of people working towards the same goals. As I was looking around I felt really fat, but I am not upset about my weight (ok maybe a lot) because just being in that environment inspires me. Then I start thinking as I was amongst the beautiful people. I want to be in better shape, better job, and more time with my son Connor well something popped in my head and it was “Gotta Want It” I know great English. But it is true; I am not going to stay on the hamster wheel of life. You really feel empowered when you control your life VS life controlling you. For example I am back in school, I jumped off the hamster wheel and took control of my education but sure I am selfish to be back in school so I can get a (gasp) better job.

A wise man holding a Scotch we will call this man “Coach” and he once said “You can’t motivate people they can only motivate themselves” and the more I thought about it I thought well he is right but I like to think I try to help push people. And people all I want to say is “Gotta Want It!” Don’t we all want our lives a little, just a little bit better? If you can not motivate yourself to make your life better then what can we do to fix this? I have always told you that this is my journey and I want you to come with me, so what is it that you want and how are you going to get it?

I want a better body so folks I am off to bed because my alarm is going off at 5:30 AM so I can sweat off some fat to fit in a pair of dress pants that I bought last year. You know why I am getting up so early you know why I GOTTA WANT IT. Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Wow you sound pumped! I wish you could bottle that or better yet I hope that some of it will rub off on me tomorrow when I pick you up!

    As for your education it is never selfish to invest in yourself; you are the best asset you will ever have!

    Look forward to hearing if you got up? Hey I use to know someone who use to be at the gym every morning at 5:00...hmm

    ReplyDelete