Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I would rather be laughing

Riddle me this batman, when does the motivator need motivating? Well could it be a night like tonight when you think all is well but it is not? I am honestly happy to have the break from travel (no really) because I am able to do things that normally the situation would not be available to me. Last night here in Colorado we had a dumping of snow so for the kids that meant well DUH no school. This meant for me to be asked to take my son Connor to a sledding hill. OH yes and I did some sledding as well. This was a great memory that I hope to never forget. Is that why I am sitting here leaking tears? Not really sure.

You think that sometimes you ARE in control of your life but maybe life is telling you “I don’t think so” and you need to figure out of to regain it back. My grandfather “Marty” who for many years I thought came up with the saying of “LIFE IS NOT FAIR” would say that and well why is it not fair? You and I are good people, I mean we don’t cheat on our wives, have not killed anyone, or even tossed a snowball at a 7 year old. OOPS hold up guilty there, um, moving on.

For me all I want to do is be happy and to many that is not noticeably in this day and age. Ok enough of being a downer. We need to focus on us and what we need to do to be happy. First off we need to have some type of income and unfortunately that IS life but what? I want you to believe in yourself and be happy at a job doing what your PASSION is.

You need to refuse that what ever your job is, is defining you. My personal issue is what I like to call the “Ross complex.” Do you remember the show “Friends” and the character “Ross?” He was married three times and because of being in a failed marriage some of us are labeled not single or in between relationships but “DIVORECED” and I am tired of having a label define who I am. My passion is trying motivating people and being a happy male person so why do we need to have others or even documentations define my failures?

Today March 24, 2010 I just feel like a lost sheep and there are to many obstacles in my way for me either to go over or around them in order to achieve my goals. I am just a simple guy who wants just the best out of you but when I can not even live those expectations what is the use of having hope there is? When you have a day where the world has stopped and all there is MY son, a hill, and a sled there is nothing else to life or is there?

2 comments:

  1. Okay Robin...

    What happened and where is the man I was on IM this morning with?

    First of all breath it has been three days...not three months. You went sledding today what a hoot! How many people our age can say that? You built memories Connor that neither one of you will ever forget.

    Is there more to life you ask; I don't think so. We all should learn to take these opportunities and enjoy every minute. Enjoy the time you do have off and take advantage of activities like today every chance you get. One of your goals since I have met you is to spend more quality time with Connor; come on an afternoon sledding and playing like a kid with your kid…HEAVEN! It is the small things that truly make it all worth it.

    As far as “people” labeling you; do you really care? At the end of the day do these “people” mean anything to you or have any impact on your life? Probably not and if they do than may be you should think about why you are letting those “people” have any control over your happiness?

    You are in control of your happiness; so don’t get weighed down by “people” or documents that do not define you. As you would tell me “FOCUS” and stop trying to eat that elephant in one bite!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I can relate to feeling like a lost sheep ~ I guess sometimes we need to find/remember who our shepherd is. It sounds like Connor and sledding was your's for the day ~ AWESOME! As for labels, who cares (well, unless we are Tommy Hilfilger or Versace) JUST KIDDING!!

    ReplyDelete