Wednesday, July 21, 2010

RIP DAILY BREW HAHA


Today is a sad day for me, no not about the Cub’s manager Lou Piniella stepping down at the end of this season. I started writing my blog and now two of them because I did not think I had anything to say nor would be good at it. I was wrong (yes this is a first) on both accounts. I was told that writing a blog is not only great therapy but it is free words from my great friend Chris K who gave me the confidence to write my heart out. Today I received the final word that Chris has shut down his blog and I am both mad and sad that he has done it but I am selfish that way. I am sad because I love Chris’s writing style and he does it so eloquently, I write very simple but Chris (without knowing it) pushes me to write better and I do try. I know this only because my dad told me that since I have started my first blog I have improved. He is my dad he would not lie to me, heck he told me last week that Santa is still watching me. I am mad at Chris because to me it was a selfish move and YES it is his decision that I do 100 percent respect fully of this shutting down of HIS blog. I too am being selfish as well because now I feel that there is a void in my reading life but there is a bright light at the end of the tunnel and Chris has told me that he wants to get back to his roots of writing a book (or more). That makes me VERY happy (can you say bromance?) for Chris and the rest of us because I know I will hold him to this.

Listen I know that we all have goals in life and for me it is speaking on being a divorced dad and I want this business to grow more then anything else. I also understand that when talented people stop doing what they are great at, then you feel let down. However this is different because to me the blog that Chris wrote was just baby steps to his next step and I know he will continue to do great things. I know for a fact that he is a great dad, a great writer, and truly a great friend. I have all of the confidence in the world that in the very near future we will see Chris on a bigger stage promoting a book that was all started by a little blog called “Daily Brew HaHa.” I am going to miss it and I know others will as well but I will get over it and heck maybe I need to just create another blog to fill Chris’s blog void.

Anyway I this will mean that I need to step up my game to write as good or try to even write better. However I will trade a blog to a book written by a friend any day and even more so if it is an autographed copy oh and maybe even a little dedication someplace in the book or heck I could write the Forward to the book. HEY I can have a goal as well now can’t I? Well I did tell Chris my little challenge is to see who has their book out first?

No comments:

Post a Comment